Saturday, March 9, 2013

My Passion in Action Research

As I pursue my masters, I would like to conduction action research on a passion close to my heart.  I am interested in finding out how effective is the Fountas & Pinnell Leveled Literacy Intervention (LLI) Green System at remediating our first grade struggling readers.  I want to know what improvements the students have made in reaching the grade level criteria for promotion.  Is the program being used with fidelity in the real world setting? Is their any correlation to students qualifying for ARI in first grade to the current struggling readers we have in 3rd ,4th , and 5th grade?  What improvements have the students made once they are no longer receiving ARI services?  What actions could be taken to improve their reading achievement? This project will require me to evaluate the data from current students as well as previous students that have received services.  I will also need to investigate the inner workings of the program to understand how it is being utilized in the classroom. 


No comments:

Post a Comment